Anywayz, here is another terriffic FREE crafters recipe from Ruby Glen Crafts. I hope you'll give it a try and send me photos of the finished product! Don't forget to add your site to my plugboard.
Til next time...God Bless,
Easy Potpourri Pie Craft
Want an easy gift that smells wonderful and looks like it took you days to make? Or maybe one that appears to have been purchased in an expensive gift shop? Look no further -- make a potpourri pie using salt dough!
What You Need:
1 cup flour, 1 cup salt, Water, Pie tin (any size), Cooking spray, Potpourri, Butter knife
How To Do It:
1. Mix together flour and salt, and stir in enough water to form a workable, but not sticky, dough.
2. Spray tin with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 250° degrees.
3. Roll out dough into large circle about 1/4 inch thick, just as you would for making a normal pie, and line tin with the rolled out dough. Wrap up remaining dough for later.
4. Cook pie crust for at least 30 minutes. Let cool.
5. Fill cooled crust with potpourri.
6. Take remaining dough scraps, roll into a large circle, and cut into strips for lattice top crust.
7. Arrange strips over potpourri, in the same way you would make an edible lattice crust pie. Dampen dough to "glue" it down to already cooked crust.
8. Let top crust dry for 1-2 days. Decorate top of crust anyway you wish. Some ideas are fabric or ribbon bows, dried apples, and cinnamon sticks.
©2002 Brandie Valenzuela
About the Author: Brandie is a wife and homeschooling mom to three children, who also works fulltime from her home designing custom scrapbook albums and teaching scrapbook classes. For more information, visit: Brandiev Designs