Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life As We Know It Has Changed!

Hey y'all, it's been a hectic week around our house! Last Thursday my husband Bill was at work and the ladder he was on broke and he fell about 15 ft. He landed on his feet and shattered both of his heels. He is scheduled for surgery on Thursday to repair them, but the Doctor said he won't be able to put any weight on them for at least 3 months after surgery, maybe longer. It sounds like it will be a long healing process. Needless to say, he is completely helpless and I am his nurse. Bill should only be in the hospital one day, then he will be able to come home again. Bill has been very good patient so far, not overly needy and not a complainer. I admire him for that. I would be whining and crying and moaning 24/7! My church has been so great! The pastor and one of our friends got together and decided they would take total responsibility for the yard work for the rest of the season! That's quite a relief! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with it along with everything else that's going on. Another friend from church built a wheelchair ramp and I have gotten several calls from other friends offering to do the odd jobs that come up. It's wonderful to know that I'm not alone! I don't know how often I will be able to post, but I will try to keep up with it. I'll let you know how the surgeries go.

Until next time...Blessings,


3 comments:

xinex said...

So sorry about Bill's accident but isn't it wonderful to have a lot of helping friends?....Christine

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Celine...I am sorry to hear about your Hubby's fall....oh yuck!

I do pray the surgeries go well and he has a very speedy recovery!

AC Repair Costa Mesa, CA said...

Good post!

<3 Lindsay